COVID-19 Procedures for Willingboro Township Police
Due to the concerns with the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19 the Willingboro Township Police Department will implement the following changes to our normal operating procedures. Your support m assisting us implementing the following changes is appreciated:
• If you or a member of your household is displaying signs of illness, please notify the dispatcher when you call so that the proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) can be utilized by our officers prior to entering your home;
• Officers will request to speak with you and other members of your household outside of your home to gather necessary information. Please do not be offended as we commit to exercising safety and caution during this time;
• Officers have been instructed to maintain social distancing (6 - 10 feet)
• For Non-Emergency calls for service such as thefts, frauds, criminal mischief or harassment complaints, an officer may not respond to your residence. You may be directed to contact the Police Information Desk at (609) 877-3001 or receive a phone call back from an officer to take your report;
• Please do not come to the Police Station if you are ill. If you need to make a report it can be done over the phone.
These changes apply to Non-Emergency calls for service. In the event of an emergency you can expect the same swift response and high level of service that the Willingboro Township Police Department prides itself on.
Additionally, Willingboro Township has taken the added step of closing the Municipal Complex to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17 thru Friday March 27, 2020. During this time, the Police Records Division will be closed and copies of police reports will only be available on-line. Reports will not be available on a walk-in basis.
These changes are as much for your protection as they are for our officers and civilian staff. We are committed to ensuring our officers remain healthy as they respond to emergency calls and to do our part to minimize the spread of the virus.
We thank you for our understanding and cooperation in dealing with these changes as we all do our part to keep Willingboro Township safe and healthy!