The Tax Office is responsible for the billing, collecting, reporting, and enforcement of municipal taxes for the Township of Willingboro.
Township of Willingboro Payments should be mailed to:
Township of Willingboro
1 Rev. Dr. M. L. King Jr. Dr.
Willingboro, NJ 08046
Phone: (609) 877-2200 ext. 1007
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Checks should be made payable to:
"TOWNSHIP OF WILLINGBORO"
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
We are required by law to deposit all funds received by the Tax office within 48 hours. Postdated checks will be returned to the maker.
- Property taxes in Willingboro are billed on a calendar year, January 1st to December 31st.
- The first Quarter covers Jan-March, second quarter covers April-June, third quarter covers July-Sept and the fourth quarter covers Oct-Dec.
- Payments are due in the middle of each quarter or February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st (there is a 10 day grace period).
- On the 11th day interest is calculated back to the 1st. If the 10th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, you have until the next working day to make payment. We cannot accept postmarks.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.
- Any open balances after December 31st of the current year are subject to our tax sale.
The duplicate bill fee is $5.00
HOW CAN I PAY MY TAXES?
- In person: You can make payments by check, cash, or money order at the Tax Office window in the Municipal Building. Hours are 9:00am-4:30pm. Please note that we can no longer accept credit card payments at the Tax Office window.
- Via dropbox: Payments may be paid 24 hours a day via the drop box located within the downstairs lobby of the Police Department, within the Municipal Complex located at: One Rev. Dr. M. L. King, Jr. Drive Willingboro, NJ 08046. (Please be advised that the drop box is checked in the mornings and that anything retreived from the box will be posted to the next business day. Except on the 10th of each quarter, the box will be checked at 4:30. Anything after 4:30 will be posted to the next business day.)
- Via mail: Mail checks or money orders to: Tax Collector Willingboro Township One Rev. Dr. M. L. King, Jr. Drive Willingboro, NJ 08046
- Online: You may pay current year taxes online by use of ACH, E-check or credit card by using our convenient online services:Click here to pay taxes online. Payments of prior year taxes are not permitted online.
To receive a receipt for payment, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No receipt will be sent unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is included.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS
To change your address please use the Tax Record Change Request form.
State Property Tax Relief Programs: A listing of programs and their eligibility requirements are on the Division of Taxation’s website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml
We accept ACH or e-check ($1.05) and visa debit card ($3.95). The fee for all other debit and credit card payments will be approximately 2.95% of you total bill.
(Please note we cannot take credit cards at our office nor can we take payments over the phone.)
You may sign up on-line to receive tax reminder notices by phone, e-mail or text.
Sign up for this free service, Click Request for a Tax Reminder
TAX SALE INFORMATION
New Jersey law requires all 566 municipalities to hold at least one tax sale per year, if the municipality has delinquent property taxes and/or municipal charges. You can obtain information on upcoming tax sales by contacting the Tax Collector in the municipality in question, or from the web site of the Tax Collectors & Treasurers Association of New Jersey. More detailed information on the tax sale process in New Jersey can be found at New Jersey Tax Lien Auction Information.
The Township of Willingboro holds an Electronic Tax Sale in October of every year for the previous taxes, municipal and water charges. If you would like to be a part of the Tax Sale please contact the Tax Collector during the summer for more information.
STATE AID OFFSET TO PROPERTY TAX BILLS
State Aid Used to Offset Local Property Taxes: The budgets of the government agencies funded by this tax bill include State aid used to reduce property taxes. State aid offset information for current year municipal tax bills will start becoming available at the end of July. Access the Division of Local Government Services' website at http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/resources/property_tax.html to find (based on the assessed value of this parcel) the amount of State aid used to offset property taxes on this parcel.