Public Works - Engineering
The Township Engineer manages all engineering matters for Willingboro, reviews engineering plans and applications, works with residents, businesses, and developers to ensure that Township engineering standards are met. The Township Engineer also designs and administers all public works construction projects related to roadway, grading, drainage improvements, and ADA compliance within the Township.
Street Excavation Permits
A street excavation permit from the Department of Public Works & Engineering is necessary to perform any of the following excavation work:
- Dig up, break, excavate, tunnel, undermine, or in any manner, break up any street;
- Any excavation in or under the surface of any street for any purpose;
- Place, deposit or leave upon any street any earth or other excavated material.
- Obstructing or tending to interfere with the free use of the street;
- or in any way affects any other public improvement within a public right of way.
This includes common work such as driveway widening, curb replacement, or driveway apron replacement.