Go to home page



PHONE: (609) 877-2200

wbt township wording
Willingboro Home Button


Public Works Director

Rich Brevogel
Director of Public Works
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
P: 609-877-2200 xt:1105
Mon-Fri 7:00-3:00
Recycling Center:
Sat 7:00-3:00

FAQs - Public Works

Q: When will my recycling be picked up?

A: The Township of Willingboro has a curbside recycling program which is administered by Burlington County. The collection dates are per the annual BURLINGTON COUNTY RECYCLING SCHEDULE. For general information regarding recycling residents can contact the County at 609-499-1001 or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. More information regarding recycling can also be found on our site by clicking here.

Q: Where can I find a garbage collection schedule?

A: You can find a garbage collection schedule by clicking here.

Q: Where do I go to make a service request?

A: You can make a service request by clicking here.

Q: Are there any snow removal regulations that I should be aware of?

A: To ensure the safety of Willingboro's school children and pedestrians, property owners have 24 hours from the end of the snowfall to clear snow and ice from sidewalks with enhance penalties for property owners in school zones who do not clear their sidewalks in a timely fashion. Further, Township business owners or other properties generally open to the public with handicapped parking spaces must remove snow and ice from the parking spaces, curb cuts and other areas related to the provision of such access within 24 hours.

Q; How should I dispose of bulky waste?

A: Bulky waste is defined as fixtures, furniture and Christmas trees. Bulky waste cannot be more than 6 feet in length and may not weigh more than 75 pounds. 

Q: Which items should be recycled?

All cardboard boxes (including moving boxes "flattened") are to be recycled, along with newspapers, glass, plastic bottles, and cans. Any items which could be a hazard to the collector (such as broken glass, etc.) should be placed inside the cart or an impervious disposable container and be clearly labeled. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO PUT RECYCLABLE MATERIALS IN THE TRASH.

Q: Which items are not permitted in the trash?

A: The trash hauler WILL NOT remove the following items: leaves, televisions - can be dropped off at the County Landfill, cars, automotive parts of any sort, tires, tree stumps, building materials, cardboard, demolition material/explosives, stones, dirt, paint, roof shingles, poison, oil, caustics, kerosene, gasoline, or gas containers (even if they are empty). ALSO IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO PUT RECYCLABLE MATERIALS IN THE TRASH STREAM.

Q: What should I do with Hazardous Waste?

A: The Township's Contract Hauler is not permitted to collect hazardous material. The Burlington County Landfill accepts hazardous material. There is a fee for county residents and proof of county residency must be provided. The landfill is located at: 21939 Columbus Road, Mansfield, NJ.

Q: Are there any Holiday's in which garbage/recycle collection will not take place as usual?

No collections will take place on the following Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.

Q: What are the primary tasks of the Public Works Department?

A: Some of our tasks in the town include, but are not limited to, pothole repair; branch pickup; snow removal; clean up and repair all storm drains; painting crosswalks; maintain all irrigation; curbside leaf collection; cut and maintain all parks in common areas; repair or replace all road signs.

Q: Is the Public Works Department responsible for park maintenance?

A: The Public Works Department is NOT responsible for Willingboro Parks. For more information on our Parks please go to the Recreation and Parks Department. 

Q: Where can I drop off my recyclables?

A: The Public Works Department provides a drop off facility for all of your recyclables located at 25 Industrial Drive accessible Mon-Sat from 7am-3pm. Call 609-877-2200 ext. 1051 for more information.