2017-2018 Leaf Collection Information
WILLINGBORO TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS
2017-2018 LEAF COLLECTION INFORMATION
The scheduled pick up period will be OCT 23rd 2017 through Jan 5th 2018.
Each park will have multiple collection passes. The township will be separated into two zones. Weather and volume may necessitate changes in collection activities.
ZONE 1 Collection October 23rd – November 22nd 2017
Country Club, Windsor, Twin Hills, Hawthorne, Buckingham, Somerset, Martin’s Beach and Rittenhouse
ZONE 2 Collection October 30th – November 23rd 2017
Millbrook, Penny packer, Garfield, Garfield East, Garfield North, Fairmount, and Deer Park
After November 22nd the DPW will collect areas of High volume to remove as much material as possible in anticipation of Snow. Residents are urged to rake their leaves to the curb as early as possible to allow collection between October 23rd and November 22nd.
There will be no scheduled collection activities on the following dates.
Nov 10th Veterans Day (observed), Nov. 23 and Nov. 24 (Thanksgiving Holiday), Dec 25th (Christmas), Jan. 1st, 2018 (New Year Holiday)
• RAKE LEAVES TO THE CURB LINE (not in road).
• Storm Water regulations do not permit leaves to be in the road or 10 feet from a storm drain.
The following options are available for leaf disposal as well as requirements.
1. Residents with pickup trucks who are able to haul their own bagged leaves in clear bags may bring them to the DPW Yard on SATURDAYS by appointment. A sign in will be required plus proof of residency. To make an appointment call 609-877-2200 ext 1051 Mon – Fri 7am -3pm
2. The procedures are as follows:
• Leaves in bags will be cut open and vacuumed. Leaf bags should be placed separately from your regular trash and be at the curb. Clear bags should be used.
• We will not be emptying bags containing sticks, bottles, dirt, roots, etc…
• Leaves that are placed behind motor vehicles will not be picked up. Leaves can be placed in the front of or in the rear of the vehicle. All road collection dates will be documented. All vehicles that are blocking piles for more than two weeks will be reported to the Police.
• There will be spring leaf bag drop off on every Saturday in the month of April 2018.
REMINDER :WEATHER MAY AFFECT THE COLLECTION PROCESS.
The Public Works Department requests your patience and cooperation with our leaf collection program, as we will continue to provide other vital services to the Township during this busy time. You may address any comments to the Public Works Department at 877-2200 ext. 1051. Thanks for your cooperation and Happy Raking!