Recycling Makes Economic Sense for Buinesses 4/17/2018
Recycling Makes Economic Sense for Buinesses
- Nationally, recycling employs almost 500,000 people and generates more than $105 billion annually.
- Since 2013, direct employment in the recycling industry has risen 8%, direct economic activity has increased by 30% and tax revenue generated by the recycling industry has increased by approximately 8%.
- Recycling employs approximately 27,000 people and adds almost $6 billion annually to new jersey’s economy.
- Recycling reduces energy costs for manufacturers
- Recycling saves money on disposal costs for businesses and other organizations.
- Recycling protects our air, water and land.