Refuse Collection Rules
Each residence is entitled to the collection of ten (10) items of garbage pickup each collection day.
A trash can or a trash bag count as one "item" each.
Solid Waste is your typical household garbage, not including recyclable items.
- Normal household trash must be placed in approved containers with securely attached lids or in heavy-duty bags that are securely tied.
- The earliest time that you can place trash containers and other household bulk items curbside is after 5:00pm the day before your scheduled collection day as per Willingboro Ordinance 299-11C.
- Trash should be placed curbside before 6:30 a.m. on the day of collection at the very latest.
- Never put trash out on weekends or between collection days or a summons may be issued.
- Carts and containers must be removed from the curb prior to midnight on garbage collection day. A Public Health Nuisance Violation summons may be issued for failure to comply with this regulation.
- There is a limit of ten items per household, per collection day. That total includes all trash bags/containers and wood bundles/bulk items.
- Carpeting must be no longer than four feet in length and must be rolled and tied.
- Syringes, needles and sharps must be disposed of in a sharps container.
- Any items which could be harmful to the collector (such as broken glass, etc.) should be placed inside the cart or inside an impervious disposable container and be clearly labeled.
- It is against the law to put recyclable materials in the trash. Recyclable materials include all flattened cardboard boxes (including moving boxes), along with newspapers, glass, plastic bottles, and cans.
- Proper storage will prevent odor and pests. All carts must be kept clean by the user.
- The trash hauler WILL NOT remove the following items:
- Automotive parts
- Tree stumps
- Building materials
- Demolition material
- Roof Shingles
- Gas containers (even if they are empty)
Do not place hazardous materials such as oil, paint, poison, caustics, explosives and pressurized tanks inside the carts.