Free Tax Preparation
AARP uses software programs to avoid errors.You will also be able to file your return electronically if you choose to do so. You must have all the information necessary and your spouse must be present if you are filing jointly with e-file.
All these services are free to you, including the electronic filing. This service is provided with a sponsorship with the AARP.
You will need to bring:
- Proof of identification
- W-2 and 1099 forms
- Last year’s tax return, if you can
- Social Security number and date of birth
- Social Security numbers and date of birth of all dependents and your spouse
- Interest figures from the bank and pension or Social Security benefit totals from last year
- Bank routing number and bank account number for any refunds you receive.
- If you care for children or grandchildren, bring day care expense information and day care provider’s tax identification number.